Saturday 17 October 2009

Lord Noel's Countryside Meanderings

What ho! Farmers....


I went for a lovely walk through the nearby meadows......
....in the crisp morning air......
....and I stopped near a small farmyard to enjoy the scenery.
The Farmer must have seen me.....
....because he came over for a chat.
"Morning Lord Noel" he called out to me as he approached.....
"Morning Ray" I replied....."Lovely day isn't it?"
"Yep it is" said Ray
Then he went on to tell me that he'd been up since 4am........
....... sorting out his horse and chickens.
And that reminded me that I'd seen his horse and chicken a few days previously as I was walking past the same spot.....
I told him that I'd seen the horse stuck in some deep mud at the edge of the field......
....whinnying away loudly.....and clearly in some distress.


I'd leapt into action and run to a nearby wall where Ray's Harley Davidson motorbike was propped up.....
....and luckily the keys were still in the ignition......
I rode the bike to the edge of the bog......
....and used a rope (tied to the back of the bike).....
...to pull the horse free!
I then returned the Harley to the wall where I'd found it.....
....and went to look for Ray.......
.....but he was nowhere to be seen.
Ray looked surprised and was rubbing his head.....
...."I was wondering how my 'orse ended up locked in the paddock!" he exclaimed.
"Yes...that's where I put him to stop him getting free again" I explained.
"Well thank you very much indeed Lord Noel" said Ray.....
...."You helped me out of a real muddle there....
...coz I wuz in town buying supplies that day."
Then he added......
"My 'orse has had more drama since then Lord Noel".....
"Oh really?" I replied
"Yes" said Ray......
..."This time it was the CHICKEN who got stuck in the mud!"


"Well I never!" I exclaimed......"What happened?"
"Well the chicken had wondered in too far and got stuck...just like my 'orse must've done when you saw them......
....and I watched in amazement as my 'orse walked into the mud towards the chicken to rescue her.....
....he got close enough to be able to stand right above her....
....and she grabbed onto his 'private' parts.......
.....and then he just walked out.....
....pulling her free in the process."
"That's absolutely amazing" I said.
"Yep" said Ray......
....then he added.....
...."I suppose it proves something alright."......
"What's that Ray?" I asked
"Well" he said .......
...."If you're hung like a horse......
....you don't need a Harley Davison to pull chicks"


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline

No comments: