Sunday 9 November 2008

Never one of these be.......

Whatto! Borrowers..............
I do love borrowing things - even though we are taught as children "Never a lender or a borrower be"..............
(probably why I never went into Banking)............
But I get great delight from borrowing things from Peter, our next door neighbour whenever possible..............
I know that recently he has become aware of my peculiar past time and has tried (unsucessfully) to prevent me having those things which I would like to borrow.................
......so I believe he now regards my visits as a bit of a 'personal challenge'..............
I headed over to Peter's house yesterday in the usual manner and when he opened the door to me - I could see that look of dogged determination on his face..................
So I knew that I'd have my work cut out this time to get ANYTHING off him..............
"Hello Peter!" I began....... in a bright and friendly fashion.............
"Hello Lord Noel" he reluctantly replied...........
"I was just wondering if you'd be using your hedge trimmer at all this morning?"......
"Crikey, I'm terribly sorry Noel," said Peter with a slightly smug look, "but the fact of the matter is I have an awful lot to do in the top field..............
................ so I'll actually be using it ALL day!"
He smiled a big beaming smile................. of a man FULL of self confidence...................
"Oh Dear!" I replied dissapointedly...........
......."In that case you won't be using your golf clubs, mind if I borrow them?"
Tallyho!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: