Sunday 16 November 2008

Fitness Matters

Whatto! Fitness Fans..................

I was reminded that our 'Health Club' Membership is due to expire shortly.............
(similar to how I often feel when I'm there!)...........

And that made me think of my Dear Grandparents who thought the whole 'Health Club' idea was "Complete Poppycock"!..............
My Grandfather used to swear by 'Long Walks' as his ideal exercise.............
He used to say "I love long walks!...especially when taken by people who annoy me!"..........
My Grandfather started off at 60.......... walking five miles a day!......
He's now 97 years old! .....

.....and we have absolutely NO idea where he is!...... Har!
My Dear wife believes that the only reason I took up exercising was so I could hear heavy breathing again...........

Wallop!..........

....But my main problem with exercising is that it still tends to.........

......... make the ice fall out of my drink!

Do you know?..... since I joined our health club last year I haven't lost ANY weight at all!!

Apparently......

...... I'm told you have to actually GO there...........
The only way I can exercise is to do it really early in the morning before my brain works out what I'm doing - but I'm NEVER up in time..............
I went to the Gym once and saw a woman there who had incredibly flabby thighs, but fortunately............


..........her stomach covered them............
I suppose the main advantage of exercising alot is that you are much healthier when you die.............
My Grandfather left me with some sound advice about exercise.........

.......he said "If you are going to try cross-country skiing......

....... start with a small country!"
(Personally - I've never found one quite small enough!)


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: