Thursday 6 November 2008

Mind your language


Whatto! English speaking public.................
I often go on a quest to learn more English...................

But it is only when I study it more closely that i realise just how confusing our mother tingue can actually be........ No wonder the English language is so very difficult to learn!........

I sometimes wonder how we manage to communicate at all...............

Here are just a few examples that clearly illustrate how ambiguous English can be:


There was a row among the oarsmen about to row.


They were too close to the door to close it.


When the does are present the buck does funny things.


To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.


After a number of injections my jaw got number.


I shed a tear when I saw the tear in my clothes.


We had to subject the subject to a series of tests.


As a singer she was expected to record the record.


.........I think I am going to start learning THAI!


Tallyho!


Best wishes - Lord Noel
......................

No comments: