Sunday 23 November 2008

Morning Walk

Whatto! Wanderers............
I went for a wander the other day...............
Dressed casually in a track suit for once...............
I believe that - even if you're not - they make you look fitter.................
I was walking through the fallen leafy lanes by our local park......................
when I found a brand new tennis ball...........
just lying on the ground.....................
It reminded me of summer.................
You remember that day don't you?..........
I wondered who it might belong to.......................
but seeing no-one around just slipped it into my pocket..............
And carried on with my walk...........
.............Thinking about when it was nice enough to play tennis outside........
Later, I decided to walk into town to buy a Daily newspaper..............
I stopped at the side of the road waiting to cross..............
when a blonde girl standing next to me................
seemed to notice the large bulge in my track suit bottoms..........
"What's that?" she asked with her eyes widening............
I smiled and just replied "Tennis ball!"............
"Oh," said the blonde girl "I had tennis elbow once.........
.........that must be painful!"
Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: