Wednesday 5 November 2008

Business Acumen


Whatto! Business people......................
Today I happened to go into the big city where I noticed a chap standing on the street corner selling newspapers..............
"Nothing unusual about that!" ..... I hear you say.................
"Indeed not!" I immediately reply................. in fact it may be a growing industry if this recession fully kicks in ..............
Anyway this particular newspaper vendor was standing on the corner with a large pile of papers, shouting, "Read all about it!........... Twenty five people cheated!.......... Read ALL about it!........... Twenty five people cheated!"
Obviously...... I was intrigued, so I walked up to him, bought a paper, and checked inside to find out what this 'big story' was all about..................
I read through quickly at first..............and then more slowly.............scouring the paper, including some of the smaller articles to try to find out where this particular item was located................
In the end..... unable to find the item I returned to the vendor and rather embarressed........said to him "Sorry old chap! You mentioned about people being swindled ......... but I can't seem to find that particular article in here............ which page is it on?...............
The newspaper seller simply ignored me and carried on selling....................
Only this time he yelled out, "Read all about it!...... Twenty six people cheated!"
Tallyho!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: