Sunday 30 November 2008

Lord Noel On Epitaphs

Whatto! Ponderers................
I happened to be down to Local the other night...............
Quaffing and imbibing the local brew in a very enjoyable way..............
.............with two very dear friends...............

...............and somehow............whilst we were talking together.............
the conversation got around to Epitaphs..............
One of them said "If you died......
......and were laid out for everyone to pay their last respects to............
.....and all your friends and relatives filed slowly by you..............
.......what would you like to hear them say about you?

He added "I'd like to hear them say...........
...........'he was the best teacher I knew..........
.......... and a wonderful father'!
"
My other friend said "I'd like to here them say................
.............. 'he was an extremely talented sportsman..............
........... and an amazing husband'!
"
Now it was my turn...................
I thought for a second.............
.....took a sip of my beer..............
.......and said "I'd like to hear them say............
....... 'He just moved!' "


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: