Saturday 13 September 2008

Lord Noel Enjoys Sausage!

Whatttttto! my virtual friends!..
Lovely to share some moments with you once again!...
I would like to recount a recent incident which I believe is worthy of some note..
I walked into town today... alone...
...as it was the Chauffeurs day orf!
...........and I said "Can I have some Irish sausages please?"
I am (as you probably gathered from the family name) of Irish decent, and unlike so many other 'Titled' people wish to stay firmly 'in touch' with my roots!.
Anyway........ I also wanted to make a proper Irish hot-dog.
The shop assistant looked at me and enquired, "Are you Irish?"
....I was absolutely livid!!
So I scowled at him and demanded in a very commanding way.....
... "My good man......If I asked you for Italian sausage...

...would you ask me if I was Italian? Or, if I asked for German bratwurst?
...would you ask me if I was German? Or if I asked you for a Kosher hot dog?
...would you ask me if I was Jewish? Or, if I asked you for a Taco,
would you ask me if I was Mexican?
Would you, eh? .....WOULD YOU?!!!!"
The assistant appeared shaken by my ferocious response and ....
.....gathering his composure gingerly replied, "Well...er.... no".
So (having gained the higher ground)............I continued......
...."And if I asked you for some Bourbon whiskey?..

...........would you ask me if I was American? AND What about Danish pastry?...
............would you ask me if I was Danish?"
"Well, I probably wouldn't," came his timid response.
Aha!!!! (Perhaps self-righteously) I demanded, "Well, all right then, why did you ask me if I'm Irish? Just because I asked for Irish Sausages?!!!"
"Because........."you're in a shoe shop!"
Tallyho Everyone!!!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

(note to self.....make appointment with Specsavers asap)

No comments: