Saturday 3 March 2012

Lord Noel Examines Discretion V Duty

Whatto! Pepys...


I had just hired a new Mercedes and was out on the motorway for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of my hair and I decided to open her up. As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, I suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind me. "There's no way they can catch a Mercedes," I thought to myself and opened her up further. The needle hit 90, 100.... Then the reality of the situation hit me. "What am I doing?" I thought and pulled over. The Police Officer came up to me, took my license without a word and examined it and the car. "It's been a long day, this is the end of my shift and I don't feel like more paperwork, so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven't heard before, you can go."

I thought for a second and said, "Last week my wife ran off with a cop and I was afraid you were trying to give her back!"

Then the Officer said "Lord Noel - Have a nice weekend!"

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: