Saturday 15 May 2010

Lord Noel Has Decisions Decisions

What ho! Pepys....


Many local people chose to write to me....
....here's another a letter I have just received...

"Dear Lord Noel......
I was recently faced with a curious situation.......
I was driving along in my car...
.....and the weather was very typically British...

...absolutely appalling!....
......and as I was passing a bus stop, I saw three people waiting for the bus:

1. An old lady who looked as if she was about to die.

2. An old friend who had once saved my life.

3. The perfect partner I'd been dreaming about all my life!

Which one should I offer a lift to?.....
..... knowing that there could only be one passenger in my car?

I knew I should pick up the old lady, because she was going to die, so I should save her first; or I could take my old friend because they once saved my life - and this would be the perfect chance to pay them back. However..... I may never be able to find my perfect dream partner again!....

...I was faced with a rather odd dilemma....

....and momentarily confused...

But.....I finally decided on my solution.....
.....I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let them take the old lady to the hospital....
....and I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams!

I wonder what you would have done?

Yours sincerely
Arnold Crusticrotch"

And here's my reply......

"Dear Arnold,
You sound like quite a bright chappie.....
...have you ever thought of getting yourself a larger car?

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel"

No comments: