Sunday 2 August 2009

Lord Noel On Making Our Own Entertainment

Whatto! Village people.....
A week ago I was awakened by a phone call at 4 a.m...........

 
When I answered it an angry voice said "This is Mr Williams! Your dog's barking and it's keeping me awake!"
  
 With that..... he slammed the phone down!
I left the phone orf the hook in case he should try to ring again.......... and made a note of the number he had called from.
Last night we attended our local hostelry..........
....which is a short stumble from our home......
.......and they had a local wedding reception taking place.
The bride looked adorable in her wedding dress.
We were offered snacks and refreshments by the Brides mother.....
It was all very sociable........
A local lady sang beautifully on the microphone......
....and soon had everyone up dancing around the place......
....on the floor......
......and on the seats.......(me)
Then a large group on a Hen Night entered the pub.........
but what I found a bit off putting was that they all had facial hair!
I asked my wife about this.........
(wondering if it was something peculiar to our village) 

 
...and she told me that it was because they'd themed the night '118'!
(something to do with a television advertisement of some sort).....
Still.....
.....apart from the facial hair.....
....they all looked rather splendid in their running gear! 

 
 We carried on dancing and singing along and met some splendid people...........
and in the end....sat chatting to the Landlady in the dark.
She was very drunk...........(as indeed were we)......
......and she still is - if her most recent entries on 'Facebook' are anything to go by!
Har har!
Anyway......
....I carried Lady Jacqueline home along the unlit, potholed track that leads back to Virtual Manor.........
.....and pretty soon she was stumbling into our bed.
.....and I was busy in the kitchen making cheesy toasties on the Aga............ 

 
....and making a complete mess of the kitchen in the process.
When I looked at the clock.....
....It was 3.40am!
"Well!" I thought..........
......"That's close enough!"
So I picked up the phone........
........ and I dialled a number.
When he finally said "Hello?"............
(in a muffled and sleepy-sounding voice)
....I said "Hello Mr Williams......
.....Lord Noel speaking.......
.........thank you for your phone call last week...
...I'm just ringing to say..........
.......that I don't have a dog!"


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: