Thursday 23 October 2008

Penguin Chap

Whatto! Once again animal lovers..............
I was stunned and surprised the other day when I saw a young chap carrying a penguin along the High Street in our village.........
From the plumage I could see that it was an Emperor Penguin which originate primarily from the Antartica region.........
I went closer to check that it wasn't stuffed and I found that it was indeed very real ......and very much alive!........
I said to this chap "Excuse me but are you carrying an Emperor Penguin by any chance?"
He turned and smiled a broad smile and said "Why yes it is!"...........
Then he added "How on earth did you know that?"......
To which I replied "Apart from it's obviously magnificent plumage the Emperor Penguins are the largest and heaviest of all penguins"...........
"That's TRUE!" he said ......and, of course he was right.............

"Well young man" I added in a concerned manner......"I would like you to take from me some urgent advice!"

"Yes Sir?" he replied hesitantly "...........And what might that be?"

"Take that penguin to the zoo right now!" I commanded in an obviously irritated voice.......

The young man made off at speed away from me............and I was satisfied that I had helped yet again, to preserve an innocent animals life!.............
However!............

The following day I saw the same chap with the very same penguin ......AGAIN!

I was completely insensed!............
I walked straight over to him...............and said "Yesterday I told you to take this penguin to the Zoo! What on earth are you doing walking round with him again?"

The chap looked at me nervously, clutching his penguin and said "I DID! Yesterday I took him to the zoo like you said"...........

................."and today I'm taking him to the Cinema!"
Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: