Wednesday 8 October 2008

A Concerned Parent

Tallyho! People..............

.......and speaking of 'Tallying'.................

I was approached by a concerned parent the other day who felt that her son had been taught some 'bad habits' during his maths lessons.
I said that I would try to help and went to see the little lad when he was doing his maths homework. I watched from the doorway with his mother as the young chap said to himself...............

'Two plus five, that son of a bitch is seven! Three plus six, that son of a bitch is nine!....'
His mother heard what he was saying and gasped to me - "There! You see what I mean?".......

I did indeed!.......... and immediately approached the lad and asked him 'What exactly are you doing?'

The little boy answered, 'I'm doing my maths homework!''

...........And this is how your teacher taught you to do it?' I asked.

'Yes,' he answered...............

Infuriated, his mother went straight into school the next day to speak to the Maths teacher.
'What are you teaching my son in maths?' she asked.

The teacher replied, 'Well right now, we are learning addition.'

So the mother asked outright 'And are you teaching them to say "two plus two, that son of a bitch is four"?'

After the teacher stopped laughing, she answered............
'What I taught them was, two plus two, THE SUM OF WHICH, is four!'

Which just goes to show.............it's always worth checking further ....................when things don't seem to add up!

Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: