Wednesday 22 October 2008

How to Call the Police!

Whatto! Law abiding citizens..............
I was going to bed when my wife told me that I'd left the light on in the garden shed.
Apparently she could see from the bedroom window..........
I opened the back door to go out to turn off the light but I saw that there was someone in the shed.............. stealing things!.........
I was going to ring the Gardender or the Chauffeur but chose instead to immediately phone the police, who asked me "Is someone actually in your house?"
"No" I said "They're in my shed! And if you come Right now you can actually apprehend them - 'In the Act!"............
Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that I should simply lock my door and an officer would be along when one becomes available..........
Naturally I was extremely disappointed by this poor response but found myself saying "OK" and hanging up......................
I was secretly seething with rage at the treatment I'd received..............
and to combat the effects of this understandable rage I counted to 30..............
Then I phoned the police again.................
"Hello" I said "I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed?.........................
Yes? Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them."...................
I then hung up!
Would you believe it!?....................
Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at my residence and caught the burglars red-handed!
One of the Policemen later said to me "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
So I replied "And I thought you said there was nobody available!"
Tallyho!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: