Sunday 23 December 2012

Lord Noel's Merry Africans

What ho! Pepys...


I am always receiving emails from my fans in Africa offering me vast amounts of cash which I naturally politely decline, pointing out that I already have several rooms crammed full of money and a shed full of small change.
It's really lovely to know that they are all thinking of me and making such generous offers - especially as I was led to understand that Africans are notoriously poverty striken!
So to all my African friends I would like to send Greeting of the Season in my own inimitable way...

 Merry Christmas!




In Akan (Ghana) "Afishapa"

In Shona (Zimbabwe) "krisimas yakanaka"

In Afrikaans (South Africa) "Geseënde Kersfees"

In Zulu (South Africa) "Sinifisela Ukhisimusi Omuhle"

In Swazi (Swaziland) "Sinifisela Khisimusi Lomuhle"

In Sotho (Lesotho) "Matswalo a Morena a Mabotse"

In Swahili (Tanzania, Kenya) "Kuwa na Krismasi njema"

In Amharic (Ethiopia) "Melkam Yelidet Beaal"

In Egyptian (Egypt) "Colo sana wintom tiebeen"

In Yoruba (Nigeria) "E ku odun, e hu iye' dun!"

 
Tallyho!
 
Best Wishes - Lord Noel


No comments: