Wednesday 7 July 2010

Lord Noel On Getting Put In A Tight Spot

What ho! Pepys.....


I was taking a leisurely walk through Town with Lady Jacqueline......
.....when a chap we both know came over to us.......
.....and posed us a rather random question.
He said "Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline, I'm glad I bumped into you both....
.....I wonder if you can tell me.......
....... how many creatures can you fit into a pair of tights?"


"Well"....I began....
..."being someone who is not accustomed to trying to fit 'creatures' into tights.....


.....in fact I rather prefer any creature I know to be completely without tights!....
...(unless they were those thick black wooly ones that I'm rather partial to)....
....so, I must admit that your question has me a trifle flummoxed!"
Lady Jacqueline and myself continued to give the matter some thought for a little while.....
....then decided to let him tell us the answer......
"Pray tell us..." I implored "....how many creatures can you fit into a pair of tights?"
"Well Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline" he said "... it's not as easy as it sounds....
....there are:
Ten little piggies
Two calves
One ass
Millions of hares
And, of course, a pussy!"

...Oh how we laughed!!
....Har! Har! Har!

...(Note to self: 'Must avoid walking through Town.')


Tallyho!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: