Sunday 5 January 2014

Lord Noel On Eating Out

Whatto! Pepys....


Lady Jacqueline and I very much enjoy eating out.
It's not because we don't enjoy home cooking... it's just that we like to try new things and discover all the exciting tastes that our excellent planet has to offer.
We like to take time to seek out any lovely local hostelry who has taken the time to produce sumptuous dishes of delight for us to salivate over.
Last week we went to a splendid Halal restaurant where you can order from the Allah carte menu and it was truly delicious!
The week before we went to a wonderful little Spanish Tapas bar which served us a delightful array of exotic flavours served with small Hispanic platitudes.
I fell in love with the place as soon as we arrived; the warm vibrant colours, the flamenco music strutting wildly from the oak brown speakers and everywhere the glimmering sight of highly polished maracas dangling from a well worn fishermans net! These few carefully thought out interior tricks set the scene brilliantly for as as we were shown to our table.
I just walked into the place and thought to myself ....
...¿por qué he venido aquí?
I suppose you could call it a señor moment.
As we left I pocketed one of the delightfully small Hispanic plates from our meal...
Lady Jacqueline was most upset about my habit of continually taking keepsakes from restaurants...
...but I guess I'm just someone who lives for the momento!



Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel


No comments: