Saturday 11 January 2014

Lord Noel On Anagrams

Whatto! Pepys...

Yesterday I received this letter from an admiring fan who obviously knows how much I love puzzles.
I know that it contains a secret message but I haven't been able to work it out yet.
I believe it's probably Anangrams...
...you know...
...where the letters are rearranged to create a new word?
Sometimes the new words contain an uncany reference to the first word...
...like these examples...

Dormitory = Dirty Room


Desperation = A Rope Ends It

The Morse Code = Here come Dots

Slot Machines = Cash Lost in 'em

Animosity = Is No Amity

Mother-in-law = Woman Hitler

Snooze Alarms = Alas! No More Z's

Alec Guinness = Genuine Class

Semolina = Is No Meal

The Public Art Galleries = Large Picture Halls, I Bet

A Decimal Point = I'm a Dot in Place

Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one

Contradiction = Accord not in it

Astronomer = Moon Starer

Princess Diana = End Is A Car Spin

Now I really should get back to decyphering this message...
I would call my friend who is particularly good at these...
...but I can't seem to find my phone...


Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel




No comments: