Saturday 21 January 2012

Lord Noel In Thailand

What ho! Pepys...


Here we are, Lady Jacqueline and myself, in glorious Thailand.
We have finally given up on British weather and have chosen to fly to the other side of the earth rather than brave another winter at home.

Bloody beaches are packed with tourists! Not! har har!

Here it is wonderfully warm and we sit on the beach and leave the balcony windows open day and night.
Believe me, that's definitely not something we would have been able to do at home.

Local fruits - How many would you go 'all they way' with on a first date?

The jungle all around the villa teems with wildness and the calls of exotic birds and crickets,
and provides all the local fruit we could wish for.
And we also have a pool which I use every day to do my rigorous regime of exercises...
...and also to float around on a lilo on.

Lord Noel - Hard at it

Meals are delicious and although Thai food is absolutely marvellous they seem to cook all styles.
And with meals starting at as little as 60 pence each, we won't be using up a lot of money on food.
The Thai people are always busy doing something.

She was only a fishmongers daughter - but she liked to show off her red snapper

...whether it's a bar or a fish market or a Thai boxing match, which we love.
Here they do girl-on-girl, my personal favourite!
That's where we will be headed tonight once the sun goes down and we've finished at the pool.
There is a Tesco Express in town but I am avoiding it like the plague, preferring to give any of my money to the local stall holders who always make me smile with their ingenuity.

Red snapper and king prawns - my absolute favourite!

Here they fix TV's on the pavement outside the electrical shop as part of the spectacle.
And everyone seems to have something else outside of their normal stock that they sell outside to passers by.
Never afraid to take the opportunity to make another few baht each day.

Room for one more on the back!

I've been walking into town and Thai people keep stopping next to me offering me lifts.
I have politely declined on most occasions preferring to exercise, but when I have enjoyed their hospitality I have always remembered to give them a tip for their trouble.
My last tip was "Have you thought of investing in some crash helmets?"

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline

No comments: