Sunday 21 November 2010

Lord Noel Says "Happy Anniversary to us!"

What ho! Pepys....


We were at the lovely Beechwood Hotel at North Walsham today.....
....I was being treated to a wonderful six course lunch with my Lady wife for our Wedding Anniversary by my generous in-laws.


We sat in the wonderfully plush lounge bar as our table was being prepared and munched through the hors d'oeuvres with a delciously refreshing  bottle of Sauvignon blanc to wash them down with.
I always think of myself as a 'Social Drinker'.....
.....if someone says to me, "I'll have a drink." I say, "Social I!" 
As we sat in the lounge bar I heard a quiet voice say "Hey, nice tie!"......
I looked around but there was no-one there...... 
I looked to see where the various members of staff were......
....but they were all on the other side of the bar. 
"Hey! What a nice shirt!" the small voice said once more.....
I looked up quickly but again, there was still no-one about. 
"That's strange!" I thought and began looking for hidden loud speakers in the foliage of the various flower arrangments....when I suddenly heard the same tiny voice say "Hey! That's a really nice suit!" 
By this point I was quite confused.
I called the barman over and asked him "Where are those flattering voices coming from?"....
....and I realised when I'd finished my question that I sounded like someone who'd just escaped from somewhere much more secure.....
....so I added "I just thought it might be a member of staff saying nice things through a hidden speaker somewhere".....
"Oh no Lord Noel" he calmly replied.....
...."It's certainly not a member of our staff or a hidden speaker......
...in fact I think you'll find.......
.....it's the complimentary peanuts."

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: