Thursday 1 September 2011

Lord Noel Spots A Funeral

Whatto! Peeps....

I was walking through town today when I noticed a funeral procession approaching our local cemetery.

A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50 feet behind the first one and behind the second hearse was a solitary man walking a dog on a lead and behind them were 20 men walking single file.

I was most curious to know more so I respectfully approached the man walking the dog and said, 'I am so sorry for your loss, and this may be a bad time to disturb you, but I've never seen a funeral like this.
Whose funeral is it?'

He looked up at me and replied "My wife's."

''Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that" I remarked "What happened to her?"

"My dog attacked and killed her" The man replied.

I inquired further, "But who is in the second hearse?"

The man answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my wife when the dog turned on her."

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passed between us both.

"And lastly," I ventured tentatively "Who are all these chaps walking behind you?"

"That's a queue of men who want to borrow my dog."


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: