Thursday 28 November 2013

Lord Noel's Sheety Story

Whatto! Pepys...


I was walking past someone's front garden yesterday when I was surprised to see a white bedsheet with a hole in the middle, hanging up on their washing line.
As luck would have it the pretty young housewife, who I recognised as Doreen, came out of her front foor that moment and I waved to her.
She, being someone for whom I have provided a shoulder to cry on in the past, during times of great need, waved back.
"Good day!" I ventured "I couldn't help noticing that you have a hole in your sheet."
"Hello Lord Noel!" she replied "It's lovely to see you again! Yes, the sheet is from a game of "Who's whose?" we were playing at a party we had here last night. It was wonderful!"
"Oh really?" I replied "How does that work then?"
She smiled a very broad smile and began to explain "Well...we hang the sheet up and each of the men have to put their 'equipment' through the hole and the women have to try to guess their identity!"
"Gosh! that sounds like great fun," I said "Almost makes me wish I'd been there. Har! Har!"
"You should have been," said the housewife. "Your name came up three times!"


Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel




No comments: