Friday 21 June 2013

Lord Noel - Here to Help

Whatto! Pepys...



I recently received this pleading letter from a despairing Parishioner

"Dear Lord Noel..... I have recently begun to display 
what I can only describe as unusual behaviour. 
It all began when my car finally bit the dust
and I had to resort to that abomination 
commonly referred to as 'Public Transport'
I was fine to begin with....
...then I found myself shouting out places of interest 
as the bus was in motion 
such as "On your left you will see the local abattoir...
...and on your right is the end of a queue 
which begins in our local Post Office..."
but just recently it has progressed still further...
....and I now find myself running to the doors whenever they open 
and shouting "Right! Everyone please get back on the bus!"
I hope you can help me resolve this 
unusual and embarrassing condition
Yours faithfully
Melvyn Bragg"

Well Melvyn
I am pleased to tell you that your condition
is not as unusual as you may have first thought
and after referring to my googleous mountain 
of internally remembered Medical Reference material
I have concluded that you are suffering from...

(drumroll)
Tour Reps Syndrome!

(I'll keep taking the tablets)

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord noel