Monday 22 December 2008

Lord Noel Goes Christmas Shopping

Whatto! Shoppers.............

As usual..........having so many better things to do with my life........................

I leave all my Xmas shopping til the last minute.........

This year I thought it would be nice to buy my wife some nice perfume..............


I went into town and asked to be shown a selection from their display...............

Naturally the assistant showed me a bottle costing £175!..............

I suddenly remembered that I'd inadvertantly left my bank cards back at The Manor and only had a small amount with me in my wallet!........... I smiled sweetly at the salesgirls effort to make as much commission as possible for herself...............

'I'm sorry..........that's far too expensive' I muttered................

The young lady returned with a smaller bottle for £50 by which time I'd had time to check inside my wallet and found I only had £30 in cash!................

This was ridiculous!....."Oh dear!' I smiled, 'That's still a little too much!"....then I suggested "I'd like to see something REALLY cheap!?

So the sales girl smiled ............bent down........picked something up from behind the counter..........

and handed me............. a mirror!

Realising that this whole shopping experience would not work unless I had my bank cards......... I went home to retrieve them.............


I took with me to the next gift shop on the High street...........

As I entered I said "Hello! I'd like to buy some gloves for my wife," to the rather attractive young salesgirl who greeted me............

".....but I'm sorry!" I added apologetically........"I don't know her size!".............


"No problem!" she smiled...... "Does this help?" ................

............and placed her small soft hand in mine!..................

"Oh, yes," I flustered..................

"That helps alot!............er.........her hands are just slightly larger than yours!"

She smiled warmly and with her other hand, selected the correct size from the display for me.............

"Will there be anything else?" she murmured.......still squeezing my hand..........

I thought for a moment........ enjoying my shopping experience to the full............


"Now that you mention it," I replied.............

"............she could use a new bra!"


Tallyho!


Best Wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline
Dress With Finesse

No comments: