Tuesday 27 January 2009

Lord Noel's Boob Job

What ho! Breastfeeders.....

Audrey Horncastle - an 84-year-old, from Woodingdean, near Brighton, has churned out more than 100 knitted breasts in little more than three years!.........
She said: "It only takes a few days to do one and then I pass it on to my daughter - Rhona Emery who's a community nurse.......................
It's a bit of fun!.............
I enjoy the knitting and they are being put to good use...................
People give me a strange look when I tell them what I am knitting and it is unusual but they are fun to do."
Mrs Emery said: "I went to a breast feeding training course and was told about how these things are useful but that they were difficult to get because the pattern is hard to do................
My mum is good at knitting so I gave her the pattern and she was able to do it. It has just built up from there."
Mrs Horncastle, who is only paid for the cost of materials, says she will carry on knitting as long as there's a demand.....................
"I try to keep the basic fleshy tone" she said "but sometimes people ask if I can put in a bit of colour as well just to make things a bit different!".
I bet she's not the only one knitting bizarre things..............

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: