Wednesday 21 January 2009

Lord Noel Gets A Message From A Friend

Whatto! Freedom fighters..............
I recently received a message from a friend.
He's a fun-loving chap who just happened to also be a Police Officer for the last 30 years.......
But he's also such a career orientated chap that I often wondered how he would cope out on 'civvy street'........
....so I shouldn't have been at all surprised when I received this.................

Dear Lord Noel,
As you know I recently retired from the Police after just over 30 years service. You are completely unaware that prior to joining I was a Royal Marine Commando recruited into the SAS for just over a year before becoming a Police Officer. I have over the years often yearned to go back into military action; there is something almost romantic about the tough physical and mental challenges and expectations. Well an opportunity has finally arisen for me.

I was recently contacted by an ex-Colonel from my old regiment who now engages in covert; officially denied, black ops work in unfriendly countries. Therefore this will be my last email for some time. I know this news may come as a shock to you, but I have made the monumental decision to take off for a complete year effective next Monday.
There are a number of reasons, but the major contributor to my decision has been my desire to fight alongside and have involvement with a guerrilla group which is fighting for freedom and justice against unbelievable odds. I have been in contact with this group and now will finally join them in a remote part of Africa close to the border with Ethiopia.
I know you will think I am totally crazy - but I have not made this decision lightly. Nothing you can say or do will stop me from doing what I truly believe in. I realise the timing is terrible and that my family will suffer - but I hope to see you again in happier days - when I am a more complete man!

(I have attached a photo of the rebel group for information)


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: