Saturday 1 January 2011

Lord Noel Lives The High Life

What ho! Pepys....


I was trying to work out the height of the flag pole situated in front of our village hall....
...(which is a miniature version of the Houses of Parliament)....
....when a local engineer and a physicist wandered by....
“What are you doing?” they asked me.
“I need to know the height of the flagpole,” I said, “and I was just trying to remember the formulas I might use to calculate it.”
“Watch!” said the local engineer. He pulled the pole from its fitting, laid it on the grass, borrowed a tape measure and said, “Exactly 24 feet.”
Then he replaced the pole, smiled and walked away.
“Engineers!” I sneered as he walked away.....
“Yeah!" said the physicist "You ask him for the height....
... and he gives you the length!”

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: