Sunday 26 October 2008

Life Insurance

Whatto! Living people...............

The other day my lovely wife - Lady Jacqueline- got an unsolicited telephone call from a telesales lady purporting to be from a well known Insurance company.............


One can never be too sure .................so she grilled her for a while to check her credentials............

Happy that the formalities had been completed the Insurance lady asked her if she'd like to open a policy.............

Not wishing to appear rude, but wishing to bring the telephone conversation to a speedy conclusion my wife replied "Oh I leave all that kind of thing to my husband" thus avoiding the necessity to be directly rude in order to put her orf!......

Not to be outdone, the Insurance lady seemed sure that she could close a deal somehow ............and pressed on with her telesales patter.....................

"I know it's not something you would wish to think of right now Lady Jacqueline........but do you know what would you do if, for example.............your husband died?"


There was a long pause................

And Lady Jacqueline replied "Do you know...........I've never really thought about that particular event............."

"BUT.......
.......if it happened......".................



".................I'd probably get a budgie!"


Tallyho!


Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: