Tuesday 14 October 2008

Diet Time!

Whatto! Once more..............

I decided to consult our Doctor for a check-up prior to our imminent adventure overseas............. He did the usual checks and decided that I was "carrying a little too much" round the middle of my rapidly expanding body...........

I told him I only had a couple of weeks to go before we leave so he placed me on a rather strict diet to achieve the required weight loss in 'rapid time'!......

The Doctor told me "I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you'll have lost at least five pounds," he assured me.I went away full of enthusiasm and followed his Diet advice exactly. When I returned to see my Doctor he was visibly shocked to see that I'd lost almost twenty pounds!! "Why, that's amazing," my doctor said, obviously greatly impressed, "You certainly must have followed my instructions." I nodded, and then added "I'll tell you what though, I thought I was going to drop dead on the third day!" "Why, from hunger?" asked my doctor. "No!" I said "....from all that bally skipping!!!"

Tallyho!

Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: