Friday 3 July 2009

Lord Noel On Value For Money

Whatto! Shoppers...........

Like everyone else........Her Ladyship and myself are always on the look out for a bargain................

The other day we were shopping together in M&S when I saw some Bollinger Special Cuvee Champagne in a wooden gift box with sliding lid and rope handle........... 'on offer' for only £25 a bottle!

I picked up a bottle and placed it inside our shopping basket......

My good Lady wife then asked "What do you think you're doing with that?"

"Probably drinking it!" I replied rather facetiously............

Then I added (a little more sheepishly)..........."They're on offer my Dearest........ for only £25 a bottle!"

She picked up the bottle......looked at it............ and then said "Put them back dear - we cant really afford luxuries like that......."

Reluctantly............I complied...........and we carried on shopping.............

........ finally we reached the cosmetics department....

Where her Ladyship picks up a £50 jar of face cream and places it into the basket........
"What are you doing?" I ask her...........

"Its my face cream Darling" she replies..........

......... "It makes me look beautiful!"..............

"So does Bollinger champagne!" I snapped ......

......"and it's only half the price!"





Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: