Wednesday 15 July 2009

Lord Noel On Driving Home

Whatto! drivers.........


It is night........ and I am travelling as a passenger in a car.............

......coming back from a rather grand and formal function...........

My friend - who is driving - is a juggler and he's been part of the evenings entertainment on this particular occasion.............

We are deep in conversation as we pass through the city......

....when suddenly a siren sounds behind us and some blue lights start flashing at us.

"We have been stopped by the police." I rather drunkenly conclude

The officer walks up to the drivers door and speaks to my friend and then looks shocked as he peers into the back seat of the car................

"What are those machetes doing in your car?" asks the officer.

"Oh those........I juggle them in my act." my friend explains unconvincingly

"Is that so?" Says the doubtful patrolman..........

"In that case................Let's see you do it!”

My friend dutifully steps out of the car and - getting the machetes from the rear seat - starts tossing and catching the knives.

It is really quite an impressive sight as the spinning metal blades glint in the moonlight!

An elderly man walks past and stops to watch this spectacle..........

......then he says "Wow!"............

"I'm glad I quit drink driving......... Look at the test they're giving now!"





Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: