Thursday 2 July 2009

Lord Noel Takes A Country Walk

Whatto! Everyone......... 

Isn't this weather simply wonderful?!.......
I went for a walk the other day to get a few things that I needed.............
Of course I could have taken the car.......... but I didn't.......... because the weather was so lovely.......
I ended up buying a bucket and a gallon of paint on my travels................
............ then I stopped by a farmers field on the way home and bought a couple of chickens and a goose from him................
(Impulse purchases I'm afraid......)
I didn't have far to go..................
.....but I was now struggling with all my purchases...................
And while I was scratching my head wondering how best to carry them all.............
....I was approached by a mature but attractive looking lady who told me she was lost.
I asked her where she was heading for.......... and it turned out to be very close to my home...........
So I said to her 'Well, as a matter of fact, my Manor House is very close to where you want to go................. I would walk you there but I can't seem to carry this lot.'
The lady suggested, 'Why don't you put the can of paint in the bucket. Carry the bucket in one hand, put a chicken under each arm and carry the goose in your other hand?'
I thought about her suggestion for a moment......
......and realised that it could just work!
'Why thank you very much,' I said and - managing to carry everything in the way she'd suggested - proceeded to walk with the lady back home.
On the way I suggested 'Let's take my short cut down this footpath. We'll be there in no time.'
The lady paused for a moment.............. and looked me over cautiously then said, 'I am a lonely widow without a husband to defend me. How do I know that when we get onto the footpath you won't hold me up against a tree, pull up my skirt, and have your wicked way with me?'
I was absolutely aghast!......... and said to her quickly, 'Good grief woman! I'm carrying a bucket, a gallon of paint, two chickens, and a goose. How in the world could I possibly hold you up against the wall and do that?'
And she replied, 'Well......you could put the goose down, cover him with the bucket, put the paint on top of the bucket, and I'll hold the chickens.'

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: