Tuesday 14 July 2009

Lord Noel On Get Aways

Whatto! holidaymakers..........


Once the good weather arrives.........

.......everyone's minds turn to planning a holiday!

I was strolling down the High Street of our village a couple of weeks ago.......

.....and I saw a delightful old couple looking in through the window of our local travel agent......

They were scouring through the 'last minute' offers that were written up on cards......... and I could see they were each checking out every single one......for something they could afford.......

Suddenly struck by an overwhelming desire for generosity...............

.....I spoke to them both............. saying "I can see you're trying to find a suitable holiday for sale .............but as cost may be an issue for you.........living on a pension and all.............I insist that you allow me to pay for a holiday for you both to enjoy entirely at my expense!"

Their little eyes lit up and the smiles spread across their faces as I took them inside the shop and gave the travel agent instructions on what my intentions were and how to fulfill my wishes.

Yesterday I saw the same old lady walking down the High street once more ........and she looked nicely tanned as she came across to speak to me.............

She said "I can't thank you enough for your kindness....... and I just wanted to let you know that the hotel and resort were marvellous!.....the weather was amazing!.........and I had the most wonderful time!..........

......but who was that old chap I had to share with?"



Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: