Thursday 24 September 2009

Lord Noel Tells Of The Old Handbag

Whatto! Old people...........

Now that my lovely old Dad.........
....is safely ensconced in the Secure Wing .....
....of our Local Lunatic Asylum.....
....my Mother has some free time which she likes to spend.........
....from time to time......
..... with other old people.
The other day I went with her to a meeting of Senior Folk.
It wasn't what I'd expected......
...they were having a bit of a sing-song.....
....and playing Bowls......
...on the Wii!

After the game.......
....a lovely old lady with 'loads of character' named Gladys suddenly stood up and waved her handbag in the air......
....saying "Whoever can guess what I've got inside my handbag.....
....can come back to my place with me!"
I was surprised and a little shocked....
....but I joined in the general laughter that followed this unexpected outburst.
Then an old boy named Bernard.....
....who is quite quick-witted for his advancing years....
...called out from his armchair........
..."An Elephant!"
Everyone laughed again.......
...except Gladys.......
....she waited for the laughter to die down.....
....then gave a big smile and said.....
..."Close enough!"


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline

No comments: