Tuesday 8 September 2009

Lord Noel On Lucky Me

Whatto! Ill people.....

I woke up the other morning after a particularly restless night......
....I'd been tossing and turning all night.....
....I was feeling flushed too....

....and kept dreaming about bananas.
I felt even worse later on.....
........so I went to the Doctors......
The doctor examined me and said "You've got an illness known as Yellow 24."
"What's that?” I ask.
"It means your internal organs have started turning yellow - it's nothing to worry about and it only lasts for 24 hours".
I came home and told my good Lady wife the news......
.....and she says "Well, if you're feeling up to it........why not come to bingo with me tonight?.......
.....it'll take your mind off it."
I agreed......

........and so we went to the village hall where the bingo was being held.
After a short time of playing I found that I'd won the one-line...............
......... and £10.
I began to think that perhaps this isn't such a bad day after all.
Twenty minutes later, I'd won the full house and £150!.......
So I entered the lucky draw............ worth £500............
.....and Oh Crikey!....
....I won that too!
The bingo caller asked me to join him on the stage.......

......and says "Lord Noel...........I don't believe it!...............
............ You've won three competitions and a total of £660 in one night.
You must be the luckiest man in the village!"
I smiled and said "Well, no, I'm not actually.........
........ I've got Yellow 24!"
The bingo caller looked down at the piece of paper he was holding...........
............. and starts clapping.
"I don't believe it!" he shouts..............
"He's won the raffle as well!"

Tallyho!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: