Thursday 25 August 2011

Lord Noel on Jokers

Whatto! Peeps....

This is stand-up comic Nick Helm....
...and he's got something to laugh about after one of his gags was named the best joke of the Edinburgh Fringe.
Helm beat better-known acts including Tim Vine and Sarah Millican to the award created by TV channel Dave.
A panel of 10 comedy critics spent two weeks scouring venues in the city in a bid to find the best gags. Their top 30 were then put to a vote of 3,000 comedy fans. Helm's show, Dare to Dream, marks a triumphant return to this year's festival for the stand-up who made his Edinburgh debut only last year.
He said: "I knew my joke was the funniest joke of all the other jokes in 2011. Thank you to Dave and all the people that voted for proving me right."
He won for the joke:  
"I needed a password eight characters long so I picked Snow White and the Seven Dwarves."

But there was bad news for veteran entertainer Paul Daniels, who won the wooden spoon for the worst joke of the festival.
He won the dubious honour for his gag:
"I said to a fella 'Is there a B&Q in Henley?' He said 'No, there's an H, an E, an N an L and a Y'."

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: