Thursday 18 August 2011

Lord Noel Meets The Bag Lady

Whatto! Peeps....


I was in town when I saw a little old lady walking down the street dragging two bags.

One of the bags ripped on the ground, and a £20 note fell out onto the pavement.

Noticing this I stopped to say, "Madam, there are £20 notes falling out of your bag."

"Oh, really?" said the little old lady. "I'd better go back and see if I can find them. Thanks for telling me."

"Can I ask you," I ventured "How did you get all that money? You didn't steal it, did you?"

"Oh, no", said the little old lady. "You see, my back yard is right next to the football stadium car park. On game days, a lot of fans come and pee through the fence into my flower garden. So, I stand behind the fence with my hedge clippers. Each time some guy sticks his thing through the fence, I grab it and say, "£20 or off it comes!"

"Well, that seems only fair" I laughed. "OK. Good luck! Oh, by the way, what's in the other bag?"

"Well, you know" she said, "not everybody pays."

Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: