Sunday 23 August 2009

Lord Noel Celebrates Sax Maniacs

What ho! Music lovers.............
Last night we visited our local hostelry for another wonderful evening of fun.......
A band were performing with a really expert sax player as part of the line-up......

It was a joy to listen to......... I do LOVE to hear saxophone played really well........
.....and so does my wife Lady Jacqueline.
That's why she's NOT quite so keen....... when I get MINE out.
I must admit........
....... I am not yet........
... what I would term........... a 'virtuoso' ......
But I do understand how delicate and valuable they are.......
......which is why I was surprised to hear that one had recently caused a 'security alert' at an airport...........

The incident took place at Flesland airport...............
....which as you know, is situated in Norway........
'Securitas', the company responsible for security at Flesland Airport, took no chances when they found a suitcase had mysteriously started to vibrate.
"I can confirm that the suitcase was removed for 'control', and that one passenger was called," said Karl Magne Bakke, operations consultant at Securitas, "When the passenger did not report, the suitcase was confiscated....... This is routine."
The owner of the suitcase was in fact a business lady by the name of Katrine Solberg........
.....who runs a shop at Straume named "Voksne Leker" for adults........
When she arrived at her destination of Gardermoen Oslo Airport, Solberg was informed that because of the odd vibration in her suitcase it was not sent on the plane.
But after the 29-year-old had explained the contents of the suitcase, Securitas inspected it.......
.......and then sent the suitcase on the very next plane.
Apparently Solberg, has been traveling across the entire country with a selection of what I can only describe as 'novelty saxophones'.
Personally I wouldn't have thought there was much of a market for novelty 'vibrating' saxophones.......
....but clearly they do exist......
....because this is a picture of her holding one of them...........


I must say.............she seems rather jolly for someone who's been held up at an airport...........
Maybe it's something to do with these saxophones?.............She said "When I was traveling to the Oslo area for a home party, one of the products turned itself on and created somewhat of a mess"............
"Next time" Solberg said......"I’ll take out the batteries before I travel."

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: