Thursday 28 August 2008

Lord Noel - Kayaking with Lady J

Whatto!! Everyone!!!.....


I hope I find you all in fine fettle!!

I took the old Kayak out for a spin again today - or perhaps I should say for a 'drift'?

Anyway - the point is her Ladyship actually JOINED me!!!

I'd been asking her for ages to come out with me.........

but there was always a reason not to..........

eg. "I haven't showered yet!" or "I've just had a shower!"

or "It looks like it may rain sometime!" or "I need to just do something important!" or

"My drugs haven't arrived yet!"




Well Today was the day!!

Even her need for Nicotine intakes was accommodated..........

despite the fact that this is an "Inflatable Craft!"............

........and I daren't think where we'd end up if we got a puncture hole in it!




As always - Nature was her usual beautiful self........

and it was warm enough for us NOT to require our wet suits!!

....which is just as well really.............

as they are currently sitting inside a caravan following our recent trip to Cornwall!!

Har!!!











As you can clearly see - Lady J got stuck in and rowed!...........

....quite alot actually!!..........







....whilst I quietly, and unobtrusively 'Supervised' from the rear seat!....

Of course - every now and again Lady J would look around at me...

........to check that I hadn't fallen overboard!!!




...and it was then that I adopted the tried and tested position of 'Chief Oarsman'.........

And I think you can see from this next photo.......

........that I was certainly putting all my bally effort into it!!...



































The sun then came out............
and with it the birds and insects...............
and everything was rosey in this particular part of Heavenlyness!!........






Here's an interesting shot that Lady J took...........
I'm not quite sure what she was looking at............
...but it is quite difficult to hold the camera still........
......when you're bombing along at half a mile an hour!!

































Anyway! We finally reached the finish line!!.........
.......and took ourselves orf to the local Hostelry for some much-needed liquid refreshment!!!



I think a number of passersby were very impressed with our performance...........
I'm sure I heard several words of encouragement being shouted from the bank as we passed!!
And if any the British Olympic team are reading this..........
......please please please!..............
Don't put us in the embarrassing position of having to turn down an offer to be included in the team for 2012.............
.........AGAIN!!

Tallyho Everyone!!
Best wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: