Friday 3 September 2010

Lord Noel Reveals Tranquility

What ho! Pepys.....
Lord Noel here.....


During the process of having our new bathroom built....
...Lady Jacqueline and I decided that a wall which was built to house the showering area...
....would make a great focal point for a piece of Art!


....so with my proven and extensive Artistic background....
....and my love of Papiér Maché.....


....I set to work!
We wanted something which reflected the 'Spa' mood we were trying to create...
...so my mind immediately went for a Buddha style image....
...similar to those we'd seen inside the wonderful Temples of Thailand.


 ...and also reproduced in the fantastic wooden carvings made along the roadsides by the hugely talented local Artisans...


As my work progressed....
....I realised that I wanted something unique....
....something that would also encapsulate the element of Water.....
....as well as the tranquil Spa mood we were after....


Eventually the work had all the elements I envisioned.....
....and I was happy!


Then came the job of creating the finished look....
...using gold spray paint....

....and copious amounts of UPVA glue....


..expertly assisted by my wonderful Lady wife!
And we were both totally thrilled....
....when The Goddess Tranquility finally took her rightful place...
...in our new Spa!


And ....thanks to the clever lighting we've had installed
....at night she takes on a whole new mood....


Tallyho!
Best Wishes Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline
....(and Tranquility)....

No comments: