Wednesday 9 December 2009

Lord Noel On Miraculous Me

Whatto! Vintners........


The time has finally arrived for me to take my final Harvest from Mother Nature.......
.....and I've been very pleased by the way my grape vine has performed this year.
It's in a nice sunny position.......
.....against the warm red Norfolk bricks of a south facing wall....

....and it seems to like it there.
This years crop was even bigger than last years......
.....and when you consider that it was only planted two years ago.....
....I think it's done remarkably well.


Once all the lovely red grapes were harvested......
....(naturally in different states of ripeness as you can clearly see here).....
...I took great pleasure in surveying the entire crop.....
....as it lay bursting with juiciness.....
....on our kitchen table.


These little beauties will soon be releasing their goodness and flavour to me........
......in the process that I like to call.....
....A MIRACLE!
I remember reading a rather big book.....
.....about a chap called Jesus who was fond of turning water into wine......
....so he and I have rather a lot in common......
....a genuine fondness for the old vino....
Whatto? Har! Har!
I gather he was a Lord of some kind too....... 

And this particular miracle.....
....is one that I have become rather fond of performing
.....throughout the Summer months I must say.....
But......
....as with ALL Miracles........
....one should always give thanks to the Creator......
....so I left her a few grapes as my 'thank you' offering.....

 

....and I hope she enjoys them as much as I intend to....
Tallyho!

What crop have you harvested this year?
Best Wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline

No comments: