Thursday 9 June 2011

Lord Noel Makes A Spectacle of Himself

Whatto! Peeps... 

When I recently realized I was having trouble reading road signs, I knew it was time to visit the Optician 
and get my first pair of glasses. 
I was seated in front of the eye chart..... 
...then the Doctor instructed me to cover one eye with my hand. 
But despite the doctor's repeated instructions, I seemed incapable of anything more than a saluting motion.

Finally the doctor seemed to lose his patience with me. 
Making a mask out of a brown paper bag he cut a hole for one eye.....
.....and put it over my head.

"Right! How does that feel, Lord Noel?" he asked curtly.

After a little pause, I answered dryly, "The fit is fine, doctor...... 
...But I was hoping for something a little more stylish."

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel 

No comments: