Thursday 5 March 2009

Lord Noel Calls A Taxi

Whatto! Travellers..............

I happened to be in a taxi the other day and leaned over to ask the driver a question.........

.......tapping him on the shoulder........

The driver screamed!.......... lost control of the cab......... nearly hit a bus............ drove up over the curb........ stopping just inches from a large plate glass window!

For a few moments everything was silent in the cab..............

and then the still shaking driver said to me, "I'm sorry mate - you scared the daylights out of me!"

I apologised and said I didn't realize a mere tap on the shoulder could frighten him so much.....

The driver replied, "No, no, I'm sorry, it's entirely my fault................ Today is my first day driving a cab............

........... I've been driving a hearse for the last 25 years."

I continued my journey in silence......determined to avoid another incident.......

But I got my own back later................

................when he asked me if I'd check whether his rear indicators were working.....

I agreed..............and peering out of the rear window as he turned them on I said.........

"Yes......No......Yes......No...........!"


Tallyho!

Best Wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline

Dress With Finesse

No comments: