Tuesday 3 March 2009

Lord Noel On One Up-Manship

Whatto! Car owners.........
My chauffeur was driving me through London last month when a chap in a Ford Granada pulled up next to us at some traffic lights.....................
He wound his window down and shouted across to my driver "Hey! Have you got a television in there?"
My Chauffeur replied quite truthfully "Yes, of course we do."
He smiled and said "I got one too... see?"
"Uh, huh, yes, that's very nice." my Chauffeur replies
Then the man in the Granada says, "You got a drinks cabinet?"
"Why, actually, yes, we do." says my Chauffeur
"I do too! See? It's right here!" says the man
"Uh-huh." says my driver.....not used to receiving such attention.
The traffic light is just about to turn green and the chap in the Granada shouts, "So, do YOU have a double bed in back there?"
To which my driver replies smiling, "Why Yes! ...........Don't you?"
The light turns and the man in the Granada drives away without replying......but I could see by the look on his face that he was unable to match this final invented 'installation'..........
About two weeks later, we were driving down the same stretch of road after I'd received a particularly nasty soaking in our wonderful English rain.........
....so I was sitting in the back with the heater on trying to dry myself out.......
The windows in the back were steamed up so I couldn't see a thing............... but lo and behold......the same Ford Granada pulls up beside us and toots his horn a couple of times.....
My Chauffeur finally opens the window a crack and peeks out.........
The chap in the Granada calls across, "Hey!....... Remember me?"
"Yes, yes, how could we forget?............ What do you want?"
"Check this out......." the Granada driver shouts with a broad smile "I got a double bed installed in my Granada!"
To which my Chauffeur swiftly retorted, "YOU GOT LORD NOEL OUT OF THE JACUZZI TO TELL HIM THAT?!"

Tallyho!
Best wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline
Dress With Finesse

No comments: