Monday 16 March 2009

Lord Noel On Fridge Notes

Whatto! couples.........

I was talking to an old aquaintance of mine the other evening on the virtues of an 'open relationship'..............

He is someone who always believes in being 'totally honest' with his wife about everything......

But I was still very surprised when he told me he had left a note stuck on the fridge door explaining to his good lady wife what his intentions were..........

(I think that when a couple are reduced to communicating via notes left on fridges then the end is nigh).......

.....but he says it suits them both as they are always so busy all of the time.......

He told me (in quite a matter of fact way) that his note had said:


"Darling, You will surely understand that I have certain needs that you, being 54 years old, can no longer satisfy. I am very happy with you as a partner and I value you as a good wife. Therefore, after reading this letter, I hope that you will not wrongly interpret the fact that I will be spending the evening with my 18 year old secretary at the Comfort Inn Hotel. Please don't be upset....... I shall be home before midnight."


I bumped into him again the following evening but he didn't seem quite as happy as he had the day before.......

I asked him how his night with his secretary went......and he said it had gone "Very well..."

But he still seemed subdued.......

I asked him how his wife had taken the news........... and he handed me the note that SHE had left on the fridge door for HIM!........


"My Dearest Husband, I received your letter and thank you for your honesty about my being 54 years old.......which is of course exactly your age too! As you know, I am a maths teacher at our local college and I would like to inform you that while you are reading this, I will be at the Hotel Fiesta with Michael, one of my students, who is also the assistant tennis coach. He is young, virile, and like your secretary......... 18 years old. As a successful businessman who has an excellent knowledge of mathematics, you will see that we are both in exactly the same situation......... with one small difference..........18 goes into 54 a lot more times than 54 goes into 18!........Therefore, please don't expect me home for several days."


Tallyho!

Best wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline

Dress With Finesse

No comments: