Tuesday 17 January 2012

Lord Noel - Tales From Africa

What ho! Pepys...

During my time with the Foreign Office
I was sent abroad on various Top Secret & Vital 'Missions'
from which (I later learned) I was "never expected to return".
It was a constant thrill for me to see the look of total surprise
on my colleagues faces each time I returned to the office safe and sound.
I remember one trip to East Africa which went so well
I stayed on for several months.
This time I really wanted to get to know the local people
but knew that would mean learning 
their complex East African language of 'Hadza'.
So I bought several tapes and even had a local girl 
visit my lodgings late at night to assist me.
I spent literally hours trying to master it
and just as it seemed I would be unable to learn even the most basic phrases 
... it clicked.

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel