Saturday 26 November 2011

Lord Noel on Ye Heayring Problym

What ho! Pepys...

From time to time even I, Lord Noel, have to drain our National Health system...
...this time I just had to go for a standard checkup.
Whilst I was there I confided to the Doctor that I thought my good Lady wife...
...might be losing her hearing.
The Doctor told me, "You could do a simple test...."
"Really?" I responded
"Yes" he continued "Just stand about 15 feet behind your wife and say 'Darling?'...
Then move 3 feet closer and do it again.
Keep moving 3 feet closer until she finally responds....
If you make a mental note of how close you were when she gives you an answer... 
...that will help me know how bad her hearing loss is."
A few days later I went back to see the same Doctor and he asked, 
"Well, did you do that experiment with your wife's hearing?"
I replied "Yes I did".
"How close did you get before she answered?" he persisted excitedly
"Well, by the time I got about 3 feet away...
...she just turned around and said...
"For the FIFTH TIME... WHAT???"

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel


No comments: