Tuesday 5 July 2011

Lord Noel on Inventiveness

Whatto! Peeps...

During some of the hours that I now have free following my retirement...
...I like to let my imagination wander and see what it can invent.
After a couple of months of this process I had invented several potentially marketable products...
...so I decided to patent them as soon as possible.
One day I entered the Patent Office to register my inventions.
The female clerk, who looked rather bored with her work, pulled out a form, took down my personal information, and then asked, "So what is the invention?"
"I've invented a folding cupboard" I explained...
...."and I call it a 'fupboard' " .....
"Oh yeah?" she said with feigned interest....
...writing on the form in front of her..."anything else?"...
....."And I've also invented a folding bottle" I added...
... "Which I call a 'fottle'," I said.
"Humph!". The clerk visibly sniggered!....
..."Both of those names are a bit silly don't you think?" she said... "Do you have anything else?"
Well readers...I was so offended by her rude and dismissive behaviour...
...that I just turned away and immediately walked out...
...without even telling her about my folding bucket!

Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

No comments: