Saturday 21 November 2009

Lord Noel Reveals Another Branch Of The Family Tree

Whatto! Relatives.........

I have a very old and very eccentric Aunt.......
....who has always been extremely generous to our family in the past.......
....but she has slowly become more and more cantankerous......


....and at the same time, gone blind.
My two sisters and I decided that we would buy her some gifts for her to enjoy in the remaining years of her long and eventful life......
My oldest sister bought her a nice holiday cottage by the sea thinking this would surely be the best any of them could offer her.



My youngest sister bought her a beautiful Mercedes with a chauffeur included thinking that would surely win her approval.


I heard about the gifts they'd both bought........
....and decided to look for something a bit different.......
....I looked everywhere for the ideal but unusual gift.....
.....and I ended up buying her a trained parrot.


But this wasn't just any ordinary parrot......
....it had been trained for 15 years......
..... to memorize the entire Bible.
One could mention any verse in the Bible and the parrot could quote it word for word.
I really felt that my blind Aunt would enjoy this unique and useful companion.
We all went to visit our Aunt a week after we'd arranged for her to be given the gifts....
....to find out how she'd enjoyed them all.
Well, our Aunt said to my oldest sister, "The cottage is just gorgeous but it's really much too big for me. I only live in one room, and it's too much for me to clean and take care of. I really don't need the cottage, but thank you anyway."
Then she explained to my youngest sister, "The car is beautiful, it has everything you could ever want on it, but I don't drive and I can't really get on with that driver, so please return the car."
Next, she came to me and said, "I just want to thank you for that thoughtful gift. The chicken was a bit small, but delicious."

Tallyho!

What unusual gifts have you eaten?
Best Wishes - Lord Noel & Lady Jacqueline

No comments: