Wednesday 25 September 2013

Lord Noel's Tips - On How To Stay Married

Whatto! Peeps.....

I've certainly lost count of the number of times I've been asked "Lord Noel, how do you, and the wonderfully talented and beautiful Lady Jacqueline, manage to stay married... when so many others fail?"
And I like to respond to questions like that by telling this story which I was once told by a marriage guidance counselor friend of mine.
He told me...
"A husband was having great difficulty getting along with his wife – nothing but arguments and friction – so he decided to consult a marriage counselor (me). I made an appointment for them both and after they had talked for a while, I commented, “You both seem to have a lot of pent up aggression inside you, which is manifesting itself in very destructive ways. My suggestion is that you run five miles a day for a week. Then please call me back.”
A week later I received a call from the husband, “Well,” I asked (as their counselor) “how are things going with you and your wife?
“How should I know?” said the husband. “I’m thirty-five miles away.”


Tallyho!
Best Wishes - Lord Noel

1 comment:

Richard said...

Greaat reading this